- This event has passed.
Halloween Greyhound Romp!
October 28, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Bring your hounds for a fun playdate and a Halloween party. Costumes encouraged for both humans and hounds. There will be a prize for best costumes, gift certificate to the Greyt Stuff store. Games for the dogs. Cider and cookies provided. If you came to the picnic, you know the place – Tubb’s Ranch in Oregon City. Please bring a muzzle for off-leash play. Special area for senior hounds. Weather permitting. 1-3pm. $10 per hound.
Play Date Rules for Safety
- All dogs must wear muzzles in the play area.
- All dogs must be accompanied by an adult over 18 in the play area – dogs may not be dropped off and picked up later.
- If you need to leave the play area for a short period such as a restroom break, please designate another adult to watch your dog or remove the dog and take them with you.
- Senior dogs or shy dogs can play is a smaller fenced area with supervision.
- Non-greys over 50 lbs allowed.
- Children are allowed in the play area, but must be supervised by an adult over 18 and are the adult’s responsibility – note that a pack of twenty 75 pound dogs running around can knock over most adults and small children might be better outside the fence.
- If your dog is scared, anxious or just doesn’t want to play, please remove them from the play area.
- Please don’t bring your dog if they are sick or injured.
- Water will be provided for dogs – they don’t need to take off their muzzles to drink.
- Don’t bring food, treats or toys into the play area – dogs may be resource guarders and not want to share.
- Always pick up your dog’s poop – receptacles will be provided.
- Keep your leash with you in case you need to quickly grab your dog – don’t hang them on the fence and walk away.
- The field is large and you must keep an eye on your dog even if they are far away – avoid using phones and other distractions.
- Know your dog’s limitations and when they are ready to leave please take them out of the play area so they don’t get overwhelmed.
- Thank you for helping us make a safe and fun playdate for everyone.