Care of the Racing and Retired Greyhound (Paperback)
This book is an updated companion to the authors’ first book, Care of the Racing Greyhound.
4 in stock
This new book has expanded to be over 25% larger with many new illustrations and photographs and added material to cover the following:
- Geriatric Problems of Greyhounds including cancer, kidney, pancreas and heart diseases.
- Adoption of a Greyhound with idiosyncrasies of the breed
- Heat Stroke and problems with coursing Greyhounds.
- Metabolic problems including thumps and hypothyroidism.
- Expansion of tick diseases and a new section on immune mediated diseases.
- New drug withdrawal times based on current drug testing methodologies.
- Identification of Greyhounds using tattoos, coat colors, and DNA testing.
- Current and updated treatments, rehabilitation/physical therapy, and exercise scheduling to return to function with the multiple musculoskeletal injuries sustained by Greyhounds.