Care of the Racing and Retired Greyhound (Hard Cover)
This book is an updated companion to the authors’ first book, Care of the Racing Greyhound.
Out of stock
This new book has expanded to be over 25% larger with many new illustrations and photographs and added material to cover the following:
- Geriatric Problems of Greyhounds including cancer, kidney, pancreas and heart diseases.
- Adoption of a Greyhound with idiosyncrasies of the breed
- Heat Stroke and problems with coursing Greyhounds.
- Metabolic problems including thumps and hypothyroidism.
- Expansion of tick diseases and a new section on immune mediated diseases.
- New drug withdrawal times based on current drug testing methodologies.
- Identification of Greyhounds using tattoos, coat colors, and DNA testing.
- Current and updated treatments, rehabilitation/physical therapy, and exercise scheduling to return to function with the multiple musculoskeletal injuries sustained by Greyhounds.